Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Feelin' So Good

I feel great today.

Why?

Well, I am alive . It's one miracle that happens everyday that we fail to appreciate. Yep. We get so caught up with our lives and wait for miracles to come by our way. Be it of a dream job, finding Mr. Right (or Miss, whatever the case is), winning the Lottery or whatever it is our hearts desire. Sometimes, the joy of having the chance being around our families, friends and other loved ones doesn't appeal to us anymore. We crave for more. In the process, we lose sight of what's really important and we get so caught up with worldly possessions. You might be wondering why in the name of Merlin (sorry, influence of harry potter lol) am I going mushy about all these stuff...

Hmmm...I just thought of how blessed I am for having the chance to wake up each morning, greet the day with a smile, go to work, and spend time with my family and friends. When I think of all those jobless people, I appreciate my job more. When I complain because my brother annoys me, I stop and think that maybe that's just our way of letting each other know that we care. When I look at myself in the mirror and rant on how fat I am, I realize that I'm one lucky person because I have food to eat and that I'm healthy .

Looking back all those years, I've never thought how kind and giving Jesus has been to me.
In times of difficulty, I reached out to Him. He did not forsake me. When I had no one to turn to, He made sure there was a friend standing nearby to comfort me. When I'm losing hope, something good always happen along the way that gives me encouragement to keep going on.

I got a family. I got lots of really nice and supportive friends. I got a nice job. I got some of the things I want. I don't get frustrated if I still don't have everything I've wanted. It reminds me that I have to strive harder. And that everything will fall into place when the right time comes. I sure got a lot of good things coming my way. I know there'll be more. Problems might weave their way to me but who cares...with all the wonderful people surrounding me, I'll overcome everything. Maybe I wouldn't survive unscathed but those wounds would remind me of how fragile life is.


Life is beautiful. Make the most out of it. Let's start by appreciating little things that make up our life.
It would bring a smile to our face. Just like it did to me today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home